Eleven day socks

Late to the party and after the crosswalkers, I finally made a pair of Jaywalkers. I have had this yarn hanging around in my stash for a while waiting to become a great pair of socks and I think is well suited to the Jaywalker pattern. My mom got to pick the yarn for her own pair of socks while in Montreal.

Pattern: Jaywalkers by Grumperina
Materials: Austermann Step colour 11
Start Date: August 20, 2009
End Date: August 31, 2009

After the Fraggle Squiggle socks this was a mindless pattern once set up but enjoyably so. I was quite surprised with how quickly the socks progressed. I finished the first sock really quickly in a few days and took a bit longer with the second. These were the quickest socks I’ve knit all summer.

The only change I made to the pattern was making the gusset decreases right next to the pattern increases instead of having 1 stitch buffer. This change makes it so that the gusset decreases merge better into the existing pattern.

This was the first pair of socks where I went to the trouble to match up the stripes from one sock to the next. This made it easier to track the lengths as I was knitting. Instead of measuring to know where I was, I would read where I was in the stripes instead.

I did my best to make these mom sized socks, but trying them on to take pictures I realised they were a pretty good fit for me. I’m pretty sure I’ll make another pair of Jaywalkers with my own toes in mind. Great pattern, great socks.

One thought on “Eleven day socks”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *